Pepe has been drawing since child, first creating stories based on a modified Peanut Comics' Snoopy. After his late university years, he started watching anime and modified his style accordingly.
Some sites where Pepe show his drawings:
Article: Blue line removal
Folowing is a quick guide to removal of blue pencil traces using Photoshop CS6:
- Open the file and rotate to final position.
- Select Red and Green Channels. Fill with Black.
- Select the Blue Channel and use the command "Load Channel as Selection".
- Select the Red and Green Channels again and fill with White.
- Done. Adjust levels if necessary.
Article: Convert Grayscale Image to Transparent PNG
Sometimes you will have an image with a background color you need to make transparent. For example, when producing typographic samples, we may get an image of black text with white background, but we may wish to put the black text over another background. In order to remove the white background in this case, we will use the same image to create a transparency mask. We will be using Photoshop CS6.
Assuming you want to make the white area transparent:
- Open the image and convert to grayscale. Select Image > Mode > Grayscale menus. When asked to discard color info, select Discard.
- Invert the image, using the Adjustments > Image > Invert menus, or press Ctrl+I.
- Select all the image, copy to clipboard and create a new document with the same dimensions.
- In the Layers panel, click the Add a Mask icon. This will convert the default Background to a layer and will add a mask to it.
- Activate the mask for editing: while pressing Alt, click the newly created Layer Mask Thumbnail.
- Press Ctrl+V in order to paste the previously copied image. This will create a mask from the image.
- Select the Layer thumbnail and select the Paint Bucket Tool.
- In the color panel, Set the Foreground Color to black.
- Click anywhere in the image to flood fill the layer with the black color. This will make the white parts of the mask the color of the foreground (black) and the black parts of the mask transparent.
- Done. You can adjust this procedure to create other interesting effects.
- You can save as a PNG and the transparency will remain.
Article: Resize Animated GIF
Using Photoshop CS6 to resize an animated GIF is quite straightforward: open, resize as you would normally do with an image, and then use File > Save for Web... Using the default options must preserve timing and coloring.
Links: Posing Software
I will need to use pose software for some projects. Here is a list of possible software I could use:
- Magic Poser – for mobile and a Lite version on the web browser.
- JustSketchMe software for Desktop & Mobile – Upgradable to Pro – It also has a free WebApp.
- Daz Studio
Various plug-ins for Photoshop:
- AV1 Image (AVIF) file format plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® in GitHub.
Page last modified January 24, 2023.